Taylor Hopkinson is working with a global renewable energy investment platform that is focusing on the growing offshore wind and related infrastructure and energy sector.
Reporting to the Investment Associate the candidate will be responsible for market research and supporting the due diligence and financial investment decisions for new investments in the offshore wind and adjacent sectors. The role will have market analysis, financial analysis, and market research as core skill sets.
- Support market research and business development activities.
- Review market data to help identify key business drivers upon which build valuation models.
- Lead discrete aspects of due diligence, coordinating with internal and external resources.
- Assist in the writing of investment memorandums and preparing presentations summarising key findings from internal and external sources.
- Responsible for reviewing, stress testing and breaking down financial models prepared by third parties and advisors.
- Responsible for assisting the associate in building and managing in-house project-level financial models (from a vendor model) for valuation, risk assessment, and cash flow evaluation purposes.
- Accountable for translating financial analysis into concise recommendations.
- Support various corporate strategy memorandums, reporting and administrative requirements as required.
- At least 2 year's experience of investment banking, private equity, management consulting, or other transaction-related experience, preferably with a background in power and renewables.
- Experience in due diligence, transactions and valuing corporate or project-level acquisition opportunities.
- Good understanding of applied investment and valuation methodologies.
- Financial modelling capability (VBA and programming knowledge is a plus)
- Proficiency in MS Office package.
- Excellent analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to manage large volumes of information and distil salient facts and key risks into a summary format.