Taylor Hopkinson is working with a global renewable energy investment platform that is focusing on the growing offshore wind and related infrastructure and energy sector.
Reporting to the Investment Director the candidate will be responsible for market research and supporting the due diligence and financial investment decisions for new investments in the offshore renewable sector. The role will have market analysis, financial analysis, market research, presentation skills and financial modelling as core skill sets.
- Perform all deal related financial analysis including modelling, valuation and analysis of key risks.
- Work closely with the MD of Investments to support asset management and investment activities.
- Work with the business development team on global opportunities.
- Assist in building and maintaining relationships with third-party service providers.
- Responsible for building and managing in-house project-level financial models (from a vendor model) for valuation, risk assessment, and cash flow evaluation purposes.
- Contribute to the writing and presentation of investment papers to the investment committee.
- Assist in the review, negotiation and execution of contracts and company level financing.
- Support the operation of the shareholder role between management of Maple Power and the senior team.
- Be responsible for monitoring and reporting on the performance of portfolio businesses.
- Minimum 3 year's experience gained in financial institutions, consulting or in the energy sector.
- Excellent financial modelling and knowledge of the MS office package.
- Experience in due diligence, transactions and valuing corporate or project-level acquisition opportunities.
- Understanding of applied investment and valuation methodologies.
- Interest in renewable energy, M&A and asset management.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.