JP Communication Manager
This is a strategic role in managing our footprints and reputation in Japan. The Senior Communications Advisor for Japan needs to be a highly skilled communications practitioner and has to provide advice on media relations to the Japan Country Manager and the APAC management team. The role is fundamentally about implementing a strong relationship with media in Japan, using media to influence senior external stakeholders, including the government.
Senior Communications Advisor for Japan will report to Japan Country Manager with a functional reporting line to Head of Branding, Communications & Sustainability APAC. The role leads our media and external communications in Japan and will be responsible for developing, overseeing, and delivering media and external communications strategy.
- Develop and execute external communications strategies and plans, using our best practice across print, broadcast, and online media
- Build and manage relationships with trade, regional, and national journalists and related stakeholders
- Brief and educate journalists on our business strategy and offshore wind projects
- Maintains best practice in its engagement with the media
- Deliver high-quality communication content (e.g. press releases, presentations, speeches, social media posts) for external and internal audiences.
- Manage the relationship with external PR/digital/event agency in JP and ensure high-quality delivery
- Work closely with Communications team in the APAC region and other internal stakeholders.
You'll also plan and execute Japan activities to enhance corporate reputation and stakeholder buy-in.
Furthermore, you'll provide expert media and external communications advice to the Japan Country Manager and members of the APAC management team.
Education & Experience:
- Have a master's degree in a relevant subject
- Japanese native level and fluently in English
- Excellent understanding of media and stakeholder management
- Substantial experience from a PR agency or another relevant media and stakeholder-related function
(an energy background is not a prerequisite but is preferred)
- Experience with media, press, and social media
- With documented experience with building and managing stakeholder interactions.
Additionally, you have strong experience with developing and implementing communications strategies and plans and experience working cooperatively across an organization.