Lead Engineer – Primary Systems
Leading renewable energy developer looking for a Lead Engineer in Power Systems to work across their international portfolio of wind projects.
This is a full-time, staff position which can be based in London, Hamburg, or Kolding.
- Technical leadership of all high voltage power system equipment, with portfolio-wide Technical Authority across full asset lifetime.
- Work with working with dedicated engineering specialists provide asset policy for primary and secondary systems, establishing a framework of processes, guidelines and other resources to maximise operational efficiency of Engineering.
- Lead technical investigations on asset performance/optimisation and equipment failures across operational fleet. Act as proactive and visible Engineering link to all operational assets.
- Work with internal R&D & Joint Industry Project and Academic institutions to promote innovation, balance new technologies against portfolio risk and control IP/Patent environment for scope area.
- Ensure safety, environment and sustainability considerations are inherent in the design and delivery of all products and systems within scope area.
- Act as approving authority for technical documentation related to the design, construction, commissioning, and maintenance procedures across high voltage primary and secondary system scope.
- Support Engineering Management in identifying competency and capacity gaps within department capability and seek resourcing solutions (internal and external) to maintain and build range of technical capability.
- Support Package and Product Engineering to inject technical leadership into all stages of the project lifecycle, monitoring. Control levels of technical variation within Product/Project portfolio and building learnings into standardisation strategy and processes.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and extend influence beyond normal job responsibilities.
- Extensive experience within transmission/distribution systems up to extra high voltage level. Experience drawn from across complete asset lifecycle a benefit.
- Comprehensive knowledge substation high voltage AC equipment and secondary systems for both onshore and offshore substations.
- Experience in the design, system integration, construction, and operation of transmission/distribution substations.
- Ability to identify and lead key technical topics relating to high voltage transmission systems, balancing both technical and commercial imperatives.
- Act as reviewer of key technical documentation. Ability to take decisions in field of responsibility.
- Participate in and, on occasion, lead technical investigations into equipment failures.