Lead Geotechnical Engineer
Floating Wind Farm,Offshore Wind
An offshore wind developer, with a global presence, is looking to onboard a Lead Geotechnical Engineer to assist in the specification, acquisition and delivery of geotechnical soil investigation data and ground modelling, both offshore and onshore and undertake offshore foundations engineering.
- Manage offshore & onshore geotechnical data acquisition campaigns with definition of the need / strategy, the drafting of the specifications for the calls for tenders, the technical selection of the companies, the technical, QHSE and contractual supervision of the operations on site, the validation of the treatment and the interpretation of the data and reports and the provision of design criteria for each offshore wind project.
- Assist in the integration of geotechnical information with geophysical information acquired at site in order to provide pertinent and reliable ground models.
- Provide risk analyses related to the soil conditions in place.
- Provide the geotechnical parameters to be taken into account to size structures from a database managed by a JV and/or dedicated acquisition campaigns.
- Pre-size foundations and/or approve the design and guarantee the reliability and stability of the foundations of the facilities considered.
- Closely collaborate with Onetech for all geotechnical aspects from; acquisition campaign specification, site supervision of campaign, consistency of data acquired and consistency of design criteria and proper storage and archiving of data and results.
- Support JVs WTG, Offshore/Onshore Substation & electrical packages in the preparation and management of conceptual or FEED designs, ensuring that HSE requirements are appropriately accounted for in the designs and that quality requirements are met.
- Provide geotechnical / design Support JVs through FEED, detailed design and construction phases of each offshore wind project.
- Liaise with each offshore wind project certifiers in the detailed design phase as required to ensure geotechnical design assumptions are adequate and certified.
- Closely follow, use & contribute to the development, drafting, updating and/or management of Technical Reference documents for this speciality.
- Liaise with experts within Onetech and JV shareholders to ensure the use of best practices and apply lessons from previous projects.
- Liaise externally to ensure the best of new innovation in the discipline are applied to offshore wind projects.
- Collaborate, contribute and exchange know-how related to Geotechnical soil acquisition and foundations engineering.
- Promote and encourage the use of geotechnical soil acquisition data and engineering.
- Bachelor's / Master's Degree in Geotechnical / Foundation Engineering disciplines.
- Professional experience at least 10 years in development of energy and renewables projects.
- Experience and knowledge of both offshore/onshore geotechnical soil investigation and WTG foundations design is essential.
- Proven technical know-how in the field of offshore wind foundations and technical project management skills.
- Be chartered or working towards chartered status.
- Proven analytical and communications skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision to tight deadlines.
- Willingness to help support and develop others.
- Behavioral skills: organization, motivation, autonomy, open-mindedness, team player.
- Working language is English (spoken and written); French language skills beneficial.