Lead Load Engineer
An Opportunity, for a Lead Loads Engineer, has arisen to work with one of the world's largest operators of onshore wind. As the Lead Loads Engineer you will act as a technical expert for loads analysis while leading a small team of specialists to deliver loads analysis services to the organisation.
This is a full-time, permanent position ideally based in Edinburgh or Lisbon.
- Develop and manage in-house processes for completion of relative analysis using turbine-specific aeroelastic models
- Develop internal processes to complete wind and site analysis to produce suitable wind and site input data for loads analysis.
- Reverse Engineer Wind Turbines of all ages and IEC classes, to develop high accuracy aeroelastic models within suitable modelling software.
- Develop a process for reverse engineering of wind turbine rotor blade aerofoil characteristics.
- Develop an aeroelastic model validation process, including real-world load measurements as required.
- Site-Specific and Design load simulations as per IEC 61400-1.
- Fatigue balancing of simulation outputs.
- Develop a plan to reduce the uncertainty associated with relative analysis.
- Work with IT, to determine required tools, software and hardware required to execute and manage simulation data
- Take responsibility for the delivery of all loads analysis projects, to schedule and budget.
- Create an overview of the status of each load analysis project through the development and implementation of a project tracker.
- Deliver all documentation and reporting requirements as defined by internal clients.
- Forecast and plan future loads analysis service requirements.
- Recruitment, development and retain a specialist loads analysis team.
- Development of a plan for insourcing of absolute analysis, including the required personnel and resources to complete absolute analysis.
- The Lead Load Engineer with have an in-depth understanding of the design and certification process of wind turbines, as per IEC 61400 and GL guidelines. They will have knowledge of wind turbine aerodynamics and the tools available to model aerofoil polar curves.
- Along with this they will have experience of aeroelastic modelling of wind turbines including the use of Aeroelastic modelling tools and the ability to complete relative analysis loads analysis studies.
- Substantial experience working within the Wind Industry in a Senior Engineering role.
- It is required for candidate to have a degree or the equivalent.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- Programming skills in Python and MATLAB.