Lead Market Development Manager Japan
Job ID 12177
- pursuing all aspects of offshore wind business development and origination by leading development in coordination with global colleagues, identifying new origination prospects, and spearheading new transactions
- liaising with external stakeholders, including government officials (especially at prefecture/city/town level), fishery unions, local suppliers, etc. to promote the development of new offshore wind projects
- supporting commercial negotiation of new transactions
- assisting development teams in all stages of project development
- managing tasks according to budgets and schedules, including coordinating internal/external support and consultants
- preparing and presenting business cases to management regarding new markets, projects, and structures.
Knowledge and Skill:
- have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college programme (business, economics, law, and/or engineering degrees preferred) - a master's degree or MBA is a plus
- speak, read, and write Japanese and English fluently
- have substantial experience from the energy, banking, private equity, consulting, engineering/construction, or infrastructure/utilities sector
- have a strong understanding of economic merits and risks associated with clean energy projects (experience in contracts and valuation models a plus)
- preferably have experience within wholesale electricity sales and/or the renewable energy industry and possess knowledge of the electric utility industry and electric energy markets
- are an excellent user of MS Office and/or similar applications.