Lead Offshore Commissioning Engineer
Lead Offshore, Commissioning Engineer is required to work for a leading offshore wind developer. The role is based in Belgium.
- Directly reporting to the Project Commissioning Manager.
- Leading a small team of commissioning engineers to ensure that the platforms are fully commissioned to agreed inspection and test plans
- With the Project Commissioning Manager and OSP Package, devise a stage 2 commissioning strategy for the Offshore Substation, Export cables, Array cables and WTG HV equipment. Identifying deliverable and required supporting documentation.
- Work closely with and provide support to the Offshore Substations Package manager to identify safety, installation, quality and reliability issues.
- Providing commissioning progress reports and identifying and variance to agreed plans.
- Identify mitigation strategies to ensure adherence to project timescales
- Review and comment on; technical drawings, electrical schemes, quality plans and contractors commissioning programmes in readiness for contractors commissioning activities.
- With the contractors commissioning team, review the submitted Inspection and Test Plans.
- Agree suitable testing strategies and test outcomes to ensure an acceptable level of confidence prior to energising.
- Ensure contractor compliance to agreed programmes and strategies.
- Ensure the contractor quality plans and commissioning files are correctly populated.
- Review and sign off on behalf of Moray East; commissioning test results, protocols and test sheets.
- Contribute to the creation of commissioning switching programmes with the Lead Onshore Commissioning Engineer and Lead SAP
- Contribute to operational decisions to manage commissioning priorities.
- Attendance at FAT's within Europe
- Work with the SAP team and O&M team to ensure plant familiarisation and training of Moray East engineers
- Manage and contribute quality observations and snagging process
- Attend Commissioning Panel Meetings
- Assist the Project Commissioning Manager in the creation of a team culture within both the MVOW and STDL commissioning teams, during the commissioning phase of the offshore plant and apparatus.
- Highly experienced Electrical Commissioning Engineer with substantial, relevant experience of commissioning offshore wind farms
- TP141 status is highly desirable
- 20 years' experience of commissioning large scale, electrical Transmission and Infrastructure Projects, including GIS, Large Transformers and High Voltage Reactive equipment and SCADA.
- HND/Degree educated
- GWO Offshore Certificates