Legal Counsel- Energy Marketing
Opportunity for a Legal Counsel to work with one the world's largest developers renewable energy, focusing on energy marketing.
The location for this role is flexible- UK, Germany, Sweden, Italy & Poland can be considered.
This is a full-time staff position for 24 months.
Your role will be to provide legal support to our business operations in the area of renewable energy production, with a focus on providing commercial and solution-focused advice on energy marketing work.
- Be one of the key legal advisors handling all legal matters of our client's energy projects, with special focus on energy marketing contracts in Europe
- Advise the business on all aspects of the energy marketing work, including advising on regulatory requirements, evaluation of transaction structures, development of drafts and negotiation of related documentation
- Provide support to the business on corporate PPAs, market access agreements, ISDAs, EFETs, GTMAs and related agreement, TSO service agreements
- Advise the business on all types of electricity, green certificates and related hedging products
- Work across the international business, alongside other members of the Legal Team and engage with other support functions to deliver a holistic and streamlined service to the RWE Renewables business
- Act as a legal adviser to the development of further renewable projects and services to project and financing partners
- Support (including liaising with external counsel) in dispute resolution situations
- Provide advice to the business on general legal matters and how to handle default or potential default
We are looking for a smart, motivated and social lawyer who will fit into a dynamic and international legal team
- Graduated in law with distinction and qualified as solicitor
- Several years of working experience in a corporate or transactional team in an international law firm, bank or financial institution or energy trading company
- Organisational, analytical and communication skills, solution oriented mindset
- High level of engagement, enjoy working in an international team
- Flexibility and ability to work professionally and accurately under pressure.