Legal Counsel (Europe)
A Global Renewable Energy Developer are searching for a Legal Counsel (Europe).
The Legal Counsel (Europe) will provide legal support primarily to the Managing Director, European Development and Vice President and General Counsel. The expectation is that the Legal Counsel (Europe) will be based in London, England (however other European locations could be considered) and have a primary focus of supporting the European development team. Depending on workload, legal support other European business activities could be involved.
Legal Counsel (Europe) will be required to negotiate, review and revise as well as instruct external counsel on the preparation of a range of transactional agreements relating to project acquisitions, project financing and project construction/operations (such as share purchase agreements, construction, O&M and offtake agreements, financing documentation) as well as advising the European development team on the negotiation and preparation of agreements relating to the full spectrum of the project development process including Non-Disclosure Agreements, MOUs, non-binding and binding offers, Joint Development Agreements, Shareholder Agreements and Partnership Agreements.
This position will require travel within Europe to support the European development team. This position reports directly to the Vice President and General Counsel but will also have a shared reporting obligation to the Managing Director, European Development.
- Provide support for the management of legal matters impacting European development business with a primary focus on supporting the European development team located in London, England
- Occasional support to other European businesses activities
- Negotiate review and revise transactional and commercial agreements as required to support the European development team
- Instruct external counsel regarding the preparation of transactional and commercial agreements as required to support the activities of the European development team
- Provide advice to business units on a variety of contract management matters, including defaults, contractual rights, force majeure, consents and amendments
- Ensure all legal documentation is compliant and conforms to company guidelines, terms and conditions; track findings and report on any unfavourable terms and conditions
Education & Experience:
- Experience practising law in one or more European jurisdictions
- Relevant professional legal qualifications in jurisdiction(s) of practice would be beneficial but not mandatory
- Corporate/Commercial experience including expertise in the preparation, review and negotiation of legal documentation in connection with project development and financing
- Experience in development and project financing of large infrastructure projects
- Experience as a lawyer in a top rated European law firm and/or an in-house environment
- Proven ability to think strategically and provide the business units with concise analysis and recommendations
- Ability to interact with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders and counterparties
- Ability to prioritise effectively, excellent organisational and administrative ability