We are working with a multinational client who is looking for a commercial lawyer to join their renewable energy team, focusing on offshore windfarms, in Seoul.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial documentation including construction contracts, supply agreements, property agreements, power purchase agreements, turbine supply agreements, balance of plant agreements, grid documentation, operation and maintenance agreements and confidentiality agreements. Experience of FIDIC and LOGIC contracts would be an advantage.
- Analysis of complex and legal commercial issues arising from contract negotiations and existing contractual relationships.
- Assisting with general legal enquiries from the business.
- Preparation of legal and miscellaneous correspondence.
- Dealing with regulatory authorities at national, regional and local level in matters affecting the company.
- Liaising with the business and its supply chain for the execution of legal documents.
- Assist, where required, on occasion with M&A transactions, joint ventures, asset rotation transactions, project finance transactions, and offshore activities in an international context.
- Management of any claims and/or litigious matters.
- Draft and manage corporate governance documentation including preparation of resolutions and certificates
- Identify project risk issues and communicating those risks to the appropriate members of the legal team or the project director for resolution and management.
- Efficiently manage outside counsel with an eye toward minimizing expenses.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned.
Ability to read, write and speak professional English and Korean fluently.
- 6-8 years of experience in international Law Firm or in house .
- Experience of commercial contracting required.
- Experience in renewable energy projects/offshore wind a plus.
- Any experience gained in the regulatory framework surrounding the development of offshore windfarms would be an advantage but is not a necessity.
- Ability to identify risks and propose alternative strategies in order to mitigate risks.
- Ability to multi-task and oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic team environment.
- Ability and willingness to timely meet fluid and changing priorities.
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Strong analytical, negotiation, and problem-solving ability.
Location in Seoul. Occasional travel may be required.