LiDAR Analysis Team Leader
An established renewables consultancy is looking for a LiDAR Analysis Team Lead who will be responsible for a team primarily undertaking Lidar analysis for Wind projects across the globe, for a variety of clients including developers, lenders, investors and other project stakeholders. A particular focus will be ensuring the technical quality of projects and associated deliverables. Essentially, it must be ensured that projects are being delivered safely, on time, to budget and to the required standard.
Full time, permanent role.
Offices based throughout the UK and Ireland, fully remote working available.
- Lead development of procedures for lidar analyses, including floating lidar, nacelle-mounted lidar, scanning lidar and vertically profiling-lidar.
- Lead and coordinate resources relating to technical advisory services for floating lidar and metocean measurement campaigns.
- Lead industry engagement in relation to lidar, including IEA Wind Task 52 and IEC 61400-50.
- Assist in the Analysis Team's business development activities, as well as the development of project controls and project delivery methodology.
- Mentor and assist in the development of Analysis Team personnel.
- Lead and conduct technical analyses, as required, particularly with respect to complex assignments where a high level of expertise and experience is required.
- Degree or equivalent in highly numeric subject or science/engineering-based subject.
- Remote sensing technology experience, in particular lidar, and ideally some level of experience of floating lidar system deployment considerations.
- Ability to prepare and write high quality concise documents to convey project progress, status and financial information to internal and external project stakeholders.
- Ability to collate, analyse and act upon complex and diverse information from a variety of sources and produce good quality management data for director level decision making.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills to allow delivery of tasks in a logical and methodical manner.
- Ability to operate at all levels of a business and convey detailed project information in a concise manner.
- Post-graduate qualification in a highly numerate discipline (e.g. renewable energy, sustainability, meteorology).
- Chartered status, if applicable to the technical specialism.
- Previous experience in managing a small team.
- Metocean knowledge and experience.
- Experience in delivering multiple multi-disciplinary projects simultaneously.
- Programming capability, particularly in Python language.