Logistics Manager USA
Opportunity for an experienced logistics and supply chain professional to join a top international solar manufacturer.
The Logistics Manager will take a lead role in coordinating and managing huge volumes of product shipments on an international basis, in a timely, safe, and cost effective manner.
Based in the company's Connecticut office, you will work closely with various stakeholders from construction through finance, both internally and externally.
- Interface with the client for all scheduling, deliveries, and issue resolutions
- Develop detailed plans for international shipments
- Complete paperwork/BOLs in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure shipment delivery dates and met
- Serve as a customer service ambassador, with ability to engage effectively with the client at all levels
- Act as main point of contact for the customer at all times
- Lead customer change order processing and issue resolution
- Liaise regularly and effectively with various internal groups, including: finance, production, sales, logistics, field service, engineering, and construction
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness targets
- 2+ years' professional experience in related role (logistics/project management), preferably in solar industry
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Ability to negotiate with shipping carriers/trucking companies for preferential rates
- Strong customer and relationship management skills
- Experience with and understanding of, construction contracts
- Proven work experience in a logistics role, preferably within a related industry
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Effective and committed team member