Loss Adjuster- Renewable Energy
World-leading energy consultancy recruiting for an Engineer/Energy Loss Adjuster in London to focus on renewable energy assignments.
This is the perfect position for a commercially minded engineer from the offshore wind, onshore wind or solar industry to lead the delivery of work with many of the world's largest renewable energy developers. For the right candidate, there is a opportunity to develop as part of a small, dynamic team with a clear pathway to grow into a Director of Renewable Energy-level position.
This is a full-time, permanent staff position based in London.
Investigating, managing and negotiating Renewable Energy related insurance claims; with an emphasis on construction, operational, and time element losses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Onsite survey of damage / losses, as well as meeting with relevant technical personnel
- Investigate Cause
- Review of technical documentation (procedures, logs, Root Cause Analysis, etc.)
- Contract & Policy Interpretation
- Quantification and valuation of remedial measures
- Preparation of Reports
- Travel is required to survey damages as well as meet with technical representatives and clients
- Marketing role involving both renewable energy companies and local/international Insurance companies
- Continuing Education where appropriate (including insurance qualifications as required)
An electrical or mechanical engineer with offshore wind project management or project engineering experience is preferred, but the role is diverse and not limited to these specific disciplines. The position will work out of a central London office, and operate throughout Europe, and other regions as required, providing technical review and adjusting a variety of wind and solar losses. The ideal candidate must be able to speak and write fluent English, happy to present to a diverse but technically proficient audience and can demonstrate a proven track record of working within the renewable energy field. The candidate will have a client facing role with renewable energy companies, as well as the London and International insurance market and whilst regional language skills are appreciated, they are not a requisite.
Skills & Experience:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- University graduate
- Professional engineering qualification would be preferred
- Renewable energy industry in with an engineering discipline essential
- If not already held, able to reflect strong progress against recognised insurance professional qualifications