Managing Director – Operations Services
Taylor Hopkinson has been retained by a leading European IPP to appoint a Managing Director of Operations Services to their UK business.
This is a key strategic hire for the business, driving forward and managing the operational aspects of their onshore portfolio and being responsible for generation performance, availability and operational expenditure. The role represents an excellent opportunity for an experienced O&M professional to elevate their career with one of the world's most innovative and fast growing renewable energy firms driving the operational performance of over 2GW of solar and wind assets across the UK.
The role is ideally based in Edinburgh but home-working contracts will be considered for exceptional candidates.
- Manage a high performing and motivated team of O&M professionals, developing their technical, operational and commercial expertise
- Lead key stakeholder relationships with turbine OEM's, O&M subcontractors, specialist engineering consultants, landowners, and the community
- Develop relationships with key investment partners and customers, ensuring a high level of satisfaction in terms of contracted KPI's, reporting, quality and transparency.
- Work closely with technical specialists to deliver innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions to achieve agreed targets and improve portfolio performance
- Ensure the implementation of suitable and robust procedures for operations to maintain ISO accreditations and deliver continual improvements in HSE performance of the operational assets
- Jointly oversee capital expenditure programme and OPEX budget for the UK generation portfolio and evaluate and initiate OPEX improvement plans, using the full range of generation assets
- Prepare monthly management reports on the operational performance of the wind and solar portfolio, including the development and implementation of new KPIs
- Demonstrable experience in managing a portfolio of operational wind and solar assets, ideally within the UK renewables sector
- Experience of managing remote teams and comfortable setting up structures to develop and grow teams whilst improving culture and drive for excellence
- Track record in managing relationships and driving performance improvements and managing costs from outsourced services
- Broad understanding of the legal, technical and commercial issues and risks related to renewable energy projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication with ability to manage and engage effectively with international and intercultural stakeholders
- Strong commercial understanding, with a track record of minimising operational costs across large portfolios and improving financial performance
- Excellent people skills with ability to inspire, influence and motivate staff