Mandarin speaking Compensation & Performance Manager (Ohio)
Opportunity for a Mandarin speaking professional to join a global TOP 3 solar high-tech company in the U.S., as Compensation & Benefits Manager USA (or Senior Manager, based on experience).
Location : Columbus, Ohio, office based role
This Compensation & Benefits Manager will work closely with the Head of HR to manage the compensation function for the North America region business units, to align with company's goals and competitive practices. The Compensation & Benefits manager is also responsible for ensuring that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with internal policies and government regulations.
- Manages the development, implementation and administration of compensation programs.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation practices and recommends changes that are cost effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives.
- Researches and compares incentive compensation plans offered by demographically comparable organizations; assesses competitors plans and makes recommendations for enhancements or improvements required to keep the organizations plans competitive and effective.
- Designs the basic compensation structures in the organization (grading system, job evaluation system, job description policy, promotion policy, etc) aligned with the corporate culture and the corporate values
- Leads different HR Projects (not just projects from the compensation and benefits area)
- Coordinates compensation processes like the salary planning, bonus planning and incentive schemes development
- Provides advice to management on pay decisions, policy interpretations, and job evaluations.
- Develops techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data.
- Oversees the participation in salary surveys and monitors salary survey data to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
- Maintains knowledge of economic conditions, labor market, and other factors related to ensuring the organization provides competitive and reasonable benefits and compensation scales and structures.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, developments, and best practices in compensation and benefits administration.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of all federal, state and local regulations and compliance requirements related to employee compensation.
- Fluent in Mandarin and English.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate data.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including advanced Excel skills
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to plan and set priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with senior management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, human resources or related field.
- Proven track record of experience in administering compensation or benefits programs.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations as they apply to base compensation and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations.
- SPHR, SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) and certified compensation professional credentials preferred.