Opportunity for a Mandarin Speaking Finance person to join a global top 3 solar company in USA.
- Responsible for the overall finance work in the US office, but mainly focus on taxation and law compliance, budget preparation and internal control.
- Strong understanding of US sales and use taxation. Especially on sales and used tax, federal and state income tax, research tax issues regarding compliance and assist management to minimize tax liability through sound and informed application of tax laws and regulations permitting alternative treatment of taxable items
- Carry out various taxation work, cooperate with local offices of the consulting firm, and complete various tax filings quarterly and yearly; actively support the annual auditing, follow up and respond to the bank confirmation letter and the customer's letter of confirmation
- Support local and HQ (China) business functions; coordinate and maintain working relationship with corporate bank
- Coordinate between US office and HQ (China) on annual external financial statement audit.
- Work closely with cross-functional groups - Sales, Logistics, Technical Services, Marketing, HR & Admin, to monitor and manage costs within the project budget. Support in identifying and track savings and cost-out initiatives
- Assist local business development and provide financial guidance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by upper management
- At least 6-8 years of experience with financial operations and their implementation into the business function
- At least 4 years accounting or equivalent experience with multistate filing responsibilities
- Significant hands-on experience with sales tax compliance and audit defense
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in finance/accounting
- Solid understanding of GAAP. CPA preferred
- Excellent computer skills including Excel (advanced Excel skills a plus), Word, Access, and Outlook
- Ability to read and write in Chinese is a plus, due to the frequent communication with HQ in China.