Manufacturing Operations Director – Mandarin Speaking
Opportunity for a Mandarin Speaking Production Manager to join a global leading renewable energy high-tech manufacture company.
USA 's Operations Director will be charged with both the implementation of manufacturing strategy and the improved performance of daily operations.
He/She will begin and implement processes for the newest facility in the company's Solar Worldwide chain of manufacturing facilities.
This role is responsible to develop people, processes, and equipment necessary to efficiently produce components and products that meet customer needs. both the quality of the product and on time delivery of orders will be balanced with keeping the output at competitive costs. Utilizing Lean Manufacturing principles, the manager / director will oversee production, manage a budget and operating costs. He/She will manage a budget and operational cost. He/she will develop a team of direct salaried reports as well as key supervisors of production employees.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
· Head of US Module manufacturing site; Lead, motivate, and support a large team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment
· Responsible for general daily operational activities; Works closely with management team to ensure all operational, administrative, and compliance functions within the company are being properly executed;
· Directly manage: Production, Equipment, Process, Integration, EHS, facility;
Indirectly manage: Quality, Planning and Materials, IT, Purchasing, Finance, HR, Customer Service, and Legal
· Manage all operational aspects of the 4 shift panel production facility which operates 24/7;
· Develop and maintain operations systems; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop and monitor processes for material flow, product manufacturing, equipment utilization, and inventory management;
· Set, monitor, and execute production performance objectives for the entire operation team;
· Seek opportunity and drive changes for efficiency improvement;
· Ensure quality standards and control measures are integrated into the operation process;
· Analyze and plan to maximize workforce utilization;
· Direct corrective actions of any manufacturing problems that may arise; work with the team to develop and implement corrective and or preventative actions;
· Execute daily production goals and deliver goals on time and within budget, keeping operational overhead costs within budget range;
· Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations;
· Communicate with legal counsel and safety department to ensure all processes remain compliant with OSHA and other governmental regulations;
· Raise and track issues and conflicts, remove barriers, resolve issues of medium complexity involving stakeholders and escalate to appropriate level when required;
· All other duties as assigned by the Global Operations Director.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Balance safety, quality control, output, schedules, staffing, and cost to achieve positive results in all areas. Analyze manufacturing data and identify trends, aberrations, and opportunities for continuous improvement. Ensure all production associates are instructed in lean concepts and how their contributions to the workflow and standing operating procedures can ensure an atmosphere of increased efficiency and quality.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Operations.
Master's Degree in related field is preferred; Proficiency in Chinese Mandarin is preferred
Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, 6 Sigma, certification(s) with Black Belt preferred
At least eight years of experience in production, manufacturing, distribution, etc. environment;
At least 5 years of leadership experience in operations or production with progressive track of roles and responsibilities;
Demonstrated excellent people skills. The ability to lead and work in a diverse work environment
Demonstrated quality initiatives in working with 6-Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, ISO 9000 or ISO 9001.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Daily walking of the production floor as needed. Required to use hands, with good finger dexterity for handling and touching materials and product. Machinery may make background noise but not overly oppressive