Mooring & Anchor Engineer,
Floating Wind Farm
Mooring & Anchor Engineer opportunity with a global provider of project development, construction and operational services to offshore wind projects.
The position is based in Edinburgh. Our client is an industry leading offshore wind developer with floating projects under development in Europe, Asia and the USA. As such, they are looking to grow their team in floating offshore wind to develop these projects and to ensure that the technology is ready to deliver them.
The role represents a unique and challenging opportunity for an individual with knowledge and experience in the development and/or deployment of mooring and anchoring solutions for offshore energy projects to apply their knowledge to help pioneer the development of floating offshore wind.
Your key duties will be:
- Mooring and anchor design and package management on early stage floating offshore wind projects internationally.
- Identification of mooring and anchoring technologies and the management of their qualification.
- Developing in-house knowledge and tools for design and cost estimation.
- Preparation of mooring and anchor specifications for projects.
- Providing support on technical due diligence for merger and acquisition processes.
- Undertaking procurement and supply chain engagement exercises.
- Managing external specialists and consultants.
The position offers a competitive salary package for the position and the opportunity to work in a team with some of the best experts in the industry.
Projects are at the core of our client's business and you must enjoy working in empowered, highly-experienced, agile, lean, cross-functional teams.
You will have a suitable degree in engineering/naval architecture or equivalent with significant experience in the development and/or deployment of mooring and anchoring solutions for offshore energy projects. Knowledge and experience in offshore wind and/or floating offshore wind would also be considered highly beneficial.
Qualifications and key competences include:
- A degree in engineering/naval architecture or equivalent.
- Significant experience in mooring and anchoring solutions in the offshore energy industry.
- Particular expertise in mooring and anchoring solutions.
- Effective communication skills verbally and in writing.
- Fluent in English.
- Effective computer skills.
- Ability to travel to support the role.