New Technology Manager
We have been retained by a leading UK developer of onshore wind, solar, storage and novel technologies to appoint a New Technology Manager.
You will have a critical role to play in the identification and assessment of both existing and novel renewable technologies and lead on the presentation of business cases. The ideal candidate will bring a background in the energy or power industries and have some exposure to commercial contracts and financial analysis.
This position would be based in either Hamilton or Durham with flexible and homeworking options offered.
- Identify and secure profitable and deliverable development opportunities
- Work closely with the Development Director, Head of Energy Management, the Grid & Operations Director, and the Renewables Commercial Manager to devise project / commercial answers to new development opportunities
- Review societies needs in the built environment, transport, and energy space to identify new development opportunities
- Liaise with the internal and external delivery teams to help resolve outstanding technical, commercial, or legal issues as required
- Line management responsibility for our Commercial Analyst and our Graduate Analyst
- Offer support to the Renewables Projects teams for the development of projects through to pre-construction stage through ensuring projects have optimised commercial strategies
- Demonstrable experience in either the UK power sector or the oil and gas sector
- Experience supporting commercial contract negotiations
- Relevant degree in an appropriate discipline (e.g renewable energy, energy economics, mechanical or electrical engineering)
- Regulatory and contract knowledge and experience
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Understanding of complex commercial modelling techniques for infrastructure