Offshore Development Engineer
Floating Wind Farm,Offshore Wind
Offshore Development Engineer required to join the Edinburgh office of a leading wind energy developer.
The ideal candidate will have a background coordinating the engineering work to support the development phase of new offshore wind projects. You will have the opportunity to take on an exciting array of new projects both in the UK and across the globe.
- Develop and manage the development phase engineering programme, identifying all key activities required to define and refine projects such that they can meet key stage gates.
- Provide engineering and technical input to support project leasing, consenting/permitting and land acquisition processes
- Manage internal and external specialist technical support to ensure project requirements are delivered on time and to budget
- Develop technical risk register and implement design decision and change control processes
- Develop and assess construction programme scenarios and construction and operational cost estimation
- Report progress on engineering and technical work during the project development phase.
- Degree in relevant subject (e.g. Civil Engineering, Renewables Engineering)
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status is desirable
- Demonstrable experience with a consultancy or developer delivering engineering input for offshore windfarms at the development stage
- Experience of the wind farm and transmission asset design processes, standards and best practice
- Knowledge of wind farm site characterisation, including typical site survey methodologies and site data requirements for design processes
- Good knowledge of the planning and consenting processes associated with onshore and offshore transmission assets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills