Offshore Development Engineer
A global offshore wind developer is looking to grow their specialised selection and bidding team with an Offshore Development Engineer who will play an important role in the development of the offshore wind portfolio in the UK.
This is a full time permanent positions based in Edinburgh.
- Analysis of new offshore wind sites, including review of preliminary site conditions, and support the Development Engineer defining the early design of the potential projects.
- Work with the Development Engineer to ensure that technical constraints are considered in consenting workstreams, and vice versa.
- Support the management of internal and external specialist technical support to ensure project requirements are delivered on time and to budget.
- Engagement with supply chain and stakeholders and review of offshore wind market and technology research.
- Support the management of appropriate engineering governance, including technical risk registers, consenting risk register, and design decision/change control processes.
- Preparation and archiving of project datasets and documentation.
- Where required, support the company's work in monitoring and engaging in regulatory matters associated with the development and construction of offshore wind farm projects. This includes the preparation of responses to consultations offering an opportunity to reiterated their position and facilitate the development of their projects.
- Working with project controls, to develop and assess construction programme scenarios for the projects. And support the development of construction and operational cost estimates for projects.
- A degree in a relevant engineering subject is required.
- Previous experience within the offshore wind sector.
- Sound understanding of offshore wind farm design and key components is essential.
- Awareness of business development process, offshore wind farm economics, and UK planning and consenting regimes are desirable.
- Familiarity with relevant software packages such as the MS Office suite. Ability in other technical software will be considered a plus.
- An ability to work to tight schedules, manage work efficiently, be able to work closely within project teams, and to interact with external consultants confidently.