Offshore Development Manager
An exciting opportunity for an Offshore Development Manager to join a developer in greenfield wind farm projects and energy producer, delivering clean and sustainable electricity to Europe.
This is a Full-Time position based in Central Scotland.
- Preparation of screenings, EIAs and applications needed for offshore installations and infrastructures.
- Negotiate and manage engineering and consents-related consultancy contracts and studies for development of wind farm.
- Internal and external interfaces to e.g., authorities, partners and other stakeholders related to permitting.
- Prepare detailed development phase schedules and development risk overviews.
- Lead and manage processes for site assessment and project design envelope and design options.
- Plan and manage key site assessment studies for green field projects assessment and feasibility review and transaction negotiation for project M&A from local developer.
- Develop project design envelope with technical team and identify land options and cable and substation siting / routes and participate in negotiations.
- Meet with external stakeholders, such as local authorities, legal firms, consultants, academia, local communities, and NGOs.
- Degree educated in relevant subject e.g., environmental science, engineering, or planning.
- Experience in renewable energy or marine related projects a significant advantage with proven track record in influencing, challenging, and consulting relevant stakeholders at all levels including local community.
- Project management experience and ability to manage and deliver results through external consultants.
- Understanding of early-stage project definition, design processes and optimisation of the planning and consenting processes.
- Communication and networking skills with experience in working in multinational teams.
- Strong relationship management, networking, negotiation skills and an ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines.