Offshore EIA Manager
Opportunity for an Offshore Consents Manager to join the development team of a global consortium recently successful in securing a major floating project in the Crown Estate Scotland's ScotWind leasing round.
The role will be responsible for managing the environmental and consenting process for the project, including managing external environmental resource, engaging with environmental and consenting stakeholders, and the preparation, management and submission of consent application and supporting documents.
You will bring experience of managing EIA and planning consents for offshore projects and demonstrable understanding of the UK regulatory environment.
- Manage the scope of the EIA and offshore consent & permit package for a major offshore floating windfarm project.
- Coordinate consent applications, Marine Licences and any other additional licences.
- Coordinate specialist project teams and sub consultants in the production of the EIA.
- Undertake project management, budget control and reporting.
- Report on survey analysis and implications for the project.
- Liaison with consultees and stakeholders to agree scopes and assessment methodologies.
- Degree or Masters in relevant subject (e.g. Planning, Environmental Management).
- Demonstrable experience delivering consents for offshore wind projects.
- Proven ability of delivering project activities to programme, cost and specification.
- Experience in managing external consultants with associated contractual and budget responsibility.
- Good understanding of the renewable energy UK regulatory environment, including the consenting, planning and environment issues at Development Consent Order (DCO), Marine Licensing, Section 36 and Town & Country Planning levels.
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis within Scotland.