Offshore Electrical Engineer
Leading global renewable energy developer recruiting an offshore electrical engineer. This role will help to coordinate and deliver engineering services around the offshore wind farm developments in the United States. The Offshore Electrical Engineer will play an important role in helping to understand and mitigate site-specific risks and to accelerate and maximise value from offshore development program in the US.
- Work in close collaboration with the US Offshore team to ensure its overall offshore wind objectives in the US.
- Cooperation and coordination with central engineering team and liaison with the various multi-disciplinary teams working on offshore wind projects.
- Engineering support of the tasks around the pre-lease auction site evaluation phase, and the development phase.
- Assessment of interconnection options of green-field sites and conceptual design for electrical engineering components of renewable energy power plants.
- Technical engagement and management of communications with external consultants, contractors, independent engineers, lenders engineers, utility and grid companies as required.
- Drive innovation and cost reduction opportunities.
- Producing technical reports for senior management.
- Ensuring engineering activities are carried out to the highest quality standards, and in accordance with the relevant health and safety regulations.
- Evaluation of new concepts and technologies.
- Support commercial/budgeting processes, risk management, reporting.
- Maintain knowledge on suppliers and products.
- Be a leader in applying the latest technology in offshore wind to win business.
- Knowledge of grid connection solutions for offshore wind.
- Knowledge of US Federal and California State policy, legislation, grid code and any other applicable regulation related to connecting renewable generation; Ability to translate engineering issues into CAPEX and OPEX assumptions.
- Knowledge of offshore windfarm or other large energy infrastructure development process.
- Understanding of wind turbine technology and the issues involved with grid connections.
- Experience in the preparation of technical specifications and other technical documents.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and in particular, Health and Safety issues offshore.
- Ensuring engineering activities are carried out to the highest quality standards and in accordance with the relevant health and safety standards.
- Experience in tender/bid evaluation.
- Experience in conducting technical and commercial negotiations with EPC contractors/grid Companies etc.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Be a genuine team player, with a positive outlook, be determined and flexible.
- Have a Bachelor or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Be a highly motivated, dynamic, self starter with proven track record of delivery.
- Be flexible in terms of working arrangements, international travel may be required.
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills and strong report writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong initiative and the ability to proactively identify required tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain sight of the 'big picture' and overarching objectives always.
- An organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management.