Offshore Electrical Package Manager
A leading renewable power producer is seeking an Offshore Electrical Package Manager to support the development of their offshore wind portfolio as they continue to grow in the US. The Offshore Electrical Package Manager will be responsible for front end delivery of the electrical system, which includes managing the time, budget, scope, quality, risk, interfaces, safety and resources within the electrical package.
- Responsible for the front-end delivery of the electrical system, which includes the interconnection, the onshore substation, onshore cabling, cable landing, offshore export cabling, offshore substation and inter-array cabling.
- Evaluation, comparison, and selection of technologies, project designs, installation methods, and O&M strategies to develop a technical and delivery strategy for the portfolio.
- Supporting the development team with definition of different project design approaches and providing the project design envelope for COP submittal.
- Supporting the commercial team with supplier qualification and selection, cost definition and local content evaluation resulting in successful bids.
- Ensuring HSSE is proactively managed.
- Identifying risks and mitigations and actively managing risks within the package and across interfaces.
- In coordination with the Development Team, evaluate and recommend the interconnection strategy, including contracting for interconnection analysis with consultants and negotiating with ISOs and RTOs.
- Manage the interconnection applications to support the interconnection strategy.
- Lead the design team and ensure that the design is carried out in compliance with the company best practice, cross portfolio strategy, good industry practices, applicable codes and standards.
- Responsible for the execution of the pre-feed and feed design of the electrical system, as well as electrical interfaces.
- Develop design basis and ensure ability to obtain certification of the electrical system.
- Document CAPEX and OPEX budget for package. Continuously control of package budget
- Help ensure HAZID/HAZOP and risk assessments are carried out to identify risk and mitigation actions are plan accordingly
- Support preparation & evaluate of RFIs, tenders, contract negotiations/signing, etc., in cooperation with the Procurement Team
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Science required. Master's Degree or other advanced degree (JD) desired and a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience within wind and/or other electrical generation sectors
- PMP Certification preferred
- Knowledge of cost control philosophy and methodologies, estimating, change management, and document controls procedures required
- Knowledge of the interconnection process and a desire to continue to learn as tariffs and RTOs change procedures
- Advanced knowledge of MS Project application, Visio, Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint
- Extensive experience with budgets/scheduling, risk evaluation is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple primes and subcontractor RFPs and relationships simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple people from all types of fields of expertise
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required
- Ability to travel every month to company office for 3-5 days at a time. Additional travels to coordinate with technical teams, attend conferences or meet with suppliers as needed.