Offshore HSE Adviser
Job ID 9384
An HSE Advisor is required to work for a major Offshore Wind Farm Developer in Scotland on a long-term contract.
- The Offshore HSE Adviser will report to the Head of HSSE, and day to day to the Offshore Construction Manager.
- They will be responsible for managing HSSE on a day to day basis at the Offshore Wind Farm site.
- There will be significant construction, mobilisation, lifting and marine focused activities which the HSE Adviser will ensure are compliant with the relevant HSSE legislation.
- This is a key position for the safe operation of the offshore operation.
- Assurance that the PC requirements laid out in the Construction Phase Plan are being met.
- RAMS review and assurance that all control measures are in place.
- Site HSE Monitoring Action Tracker to be maintained and updated daily
- Knowledge and promotion of Client/PC HSE Policies and Procedures.
- Carrying out HSE Awareness site induction for all offshore site personnel
- Knowledge of LOLER and practical application
- Giving advice and assistance to the Offshore Construction/OSP/Manager on all matters relating to HSE.
- Development and review of local procedures and risk assessments
- Carrying out incident investigations and completing reports on same
- Custodian of and monitoring the permit to work system
- Carrying out regular workplace inspections in accordance with the clients HSE Monitoring Procedure
- Carrying out scheduled inspections of all emergency and life-saving appliances
- Planning, running, and recording feedback on emergency response drills in accordance with the client's ERP requirements
- Knowledge of the emergency response plan and emergency procedures
- Intervening and completing safety observations using the designated system, reporting on trends
- Complete daily HSE reports for the DPR
- Carry out weekly safety meetings, record and distribute minutes of same
- Participation in company scheduled training and safety activities
- Running company HSE training for fellow workers
- Promotion of safe working practices
- Attending via Microsoft Teams, HSE Team meetings as required
- Experience of being HSE focal point on large offshore construction projects.
- NEBOSH Diploma, NVQ5 or Degree in Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Chartered Occupational Health and Safety Practitioner - desirable
- GWO Training for Offshore Windfarms
- Knowledge of HSSE management, LOLER, CDM, permit to work systems, marine practices, environmental management