Offshore HSE Advisor , Taiwan
Job ID 15010
- Providing independent, expert, and professional advice and HSE guidance on all health, safety and Environmental Management issues in Taiwan
- Participate in and promoting a high standard of health, safety, and environmental awareness and We Care culture across the Offshore Development projects
- Liaising with Procurement on HSE topics related to allocated offshore development activities for projects where the company's lead development
- Produce, review and update HSE related documentation required by the allocated offshore development activities for projects where the company lead development
- Proactively support and advise line/project management in meeting their HSE responsibility (incl. but not limited to risk assessments) with technical, organizational and procedural as well as compliance advice.
- Engage and develop relationships with development teams to eliminate and reduce risks, develop HSE culture on projects and adherence to local and company's HSE standards and rules
- Support early Stage Development Project activities (onshore and offshore) on HSE matters in Taiwan.
- Drive implementation of the contractor engagement and contract management standards to ensure high HSE standards when contractors conduct work in Taiwan
- Support the completion of Pre-qualification process for contractor organisations allocated to the Offshore Development projects
- Support global Offshore HSE initiatives and audit programme
- Degree in Health and Safety related discipline, engineering / safety engineering or similar.
- A Level 3 or higher qualification in an environmental discipline in Environmental Management.
- Relevant audit qualification such as OHSAS 18001 internal auditor, along with an Incident root cause analysis qualification.
- Professional membership of a relevant industry HSE body
- Qualified to fulfil the requirements of safety and health promoter (anzen-eisei-suishinsya)as per the Japanese Ordinance of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
- Able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of relevant Federal, State and Local HSE legislation with specific Knowledge of Japanese Ordinance of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Regulatory requirements
- GWO certification desirable.
- Minimum 3 years' experience as HSE professional, preferably in Offshore Wind, energy or oil and gas sectors.
- Good written and spoken English, plus local language written and verbal skills
- Good health, with general all round fitness to work in an offshore environment
- Ability to undertake Travel in Japan, APAC Region and occasional European travel