Offshore Platform Manager
A Platform Manager is required to work for a leading Wind Farm Developer on an Offshore Wind Farm based in Scotland
- The OSP Site Manager will have responsibility for the management and works co-ordination of the Offshore Substation assets during the offshore campaign.
- The role includes responsibility for managing the site establishment and managing Principal Contractor duties.
- The OSP Site Manager functionally reports to the Offshore Construction Manager and has responsibility for the day to day management of the offshore site construction activities.
- The role also includes management of the offshore Principal Contractor team.
- The role requires extensive experience of the management of offshore wind farm construction, including a thorough understanding and appreciation of the Principal Contractor duties under the CDM Regulations and the management of the offshore Principal Contractor team.
- The role will be based initially at the Marine Coordination base but may also require travel to UK and non-UK locations in support of the project operations.
- Implement the Construction Phase Plan arrangements for the works
- Manage the programme of works on the OSP and interfaces to/from other packages to completion of hook-up and commissioning of the OSP post installation.
- OSP site management activities with respect to the offshore works including, Health, Safety, Environment, Handover and team management.
- Working with the Package Manager with a focus on efficient delivery.
- Coordination with the Construction team coordinating the transfer of Personnel and equipment to the OSP's
- Co-ordination of works at all work fronts- resolution of conflicts and prioritisation
- Senior representative on board JUV
- Maintain HSE standards
- Maintain appropriate records of day-to-day contractor activities and climatic conditions as required.
- Primary point of delivery/reference offshore for all Project procedures and processes.
- Responsible end user of Permit To Work system
- Fulfilling project requirements under the project controls and governance system.
- Reporting to the Offshore Construction Manager on a routine basis and by exception
- Degree in a related engineering discipline or time served apprenticeship is essential
- Proven track record managing offshore site construction and coordination on Offshore Wind Farms.
- Proven knowledge and experience in the operation of SSoW to facilitate construction and commissioning activities
- A recognised qualification in health and safety would be advantageous, e.g. either IOSH or NEBOSH.
- An excellent understanding of marine management, construction practices, heavy lifting and HV commissioning.