Offshore Project Developer
Republic of Ireland
Offshore Project Developer required to join one of the world's leading renewables developers and support the site selection and early offshore and onshore environmental and consenting activities for projects in Ireland.
The ideal candidate will have experience in an environmental and consenting role supporting onshore or offshore energy projects within a consultancy, developer or utility.
- Support environmental and consenting activities for site selection, bidding, and early development activities relating to offshore wind projects.
- Establish environmental and consenting related site selection criteria and risk analysis.
- Obtain all necessary licences and/or exemptions for offshore surveys or studies including where necessary EPS licences.
- Support engagements with environmental and consenting stakeholders.
- Provide input to establishment of site development budgets and programmes in line with the required consenting processes and surveys.
- Identify, select, and manage external environment and consenting consultants.
- Support public and regulatory consultation activities, where applicable.
- Provide presentation and reporting of project consent issues to the project team and board.
- Work with development teams on other projects to ensure knowledge sharing, lessons learned and the identification of synergies.
- Provide environmental and consenting related support to the investigation of international opportunities as required.
- Degree in relevant subject (e.g. Environmental Science, Planning, Law).
- Demonstrable experience in an environmental and consenting role with a consultancy, utility or developer.
- Knowledge of planning and consenting regimes for offshore and onshore developments in Ireland is desirable.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Based in Ireland or willing to relocate within set time period.