Offshore Substation Deputy Technical Lead
Job ID 8844
Offshore Substation Deputy Technical Lead required for a leading developer of major offshore wind farm project in France.
- Support the EPCI Package Manager for the delivery of the Package (during execution).
- Ensure and follow-up, in collaboration with the Engineering Manager and the EPCI manager that appropriate resources are mobilised and that the budget for resource complies with the EPCI budget.
- Ensure technical team understand their QHSE responsibilities.
- Define the base case assumptions of the package for the design, fabrication, construction, installation, commissioning and decommissioning.
- Ensure that design, fabrication, installation and commissioning methodology meets both Employers requirements and all stakeholder/consent conditions.
- Verify that engineering tasks are strictly carried out in compliance with the Employer's and contract requirements.
- Manage the quality assurance review process.
- Manage the technical issues and changes within the package.
- Ensure that all contractor's technical information e.g. designs, fabrication and installation methodologies are properly reviewed and accepted including those requiring review by the certification authority or Marine Warranty Surveyor.
- Secure progress and cost for the technical deliverables (external and internal documents and associated budgets/man hours in relation with EPCI Manager).
- Approve all technical documents and deliverables, when applicable.
- Facilitate the cross-package information flow and management of technical interfaces, especially Technical Queries and Management of Change.
- Prepare technical requirements as required.
- Participate actively in the HSE and quality aspects of the package.
- Ensure that all activities within fabrication process are in compliance with the Employer's requirements.
- Evaluate staff need and propose required technical people to the EPCI Manager.
- Lead value engineering process.
- Coordinate with design, fabrication, commissioning and interface engineers in their field of expertise.
- Coordinate with interface manager for interfaces resolution.
- Ensure follow-up of the fabrication activities with the relevant parties.
- Responsible for delivering the Package through its technical, cost (both external and man hour costs), planning, quality, risk, certification and contractual dimension.
- Follow-up of the design and construction on the consent, civil and electrical aspects.
- Manage interfaces between its package and the other packages, particularly on SCADA aspects.
- Perform reporting as per Project standards and requirements.
- Must possess an Engineering degree preferably in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in High Voltage Transmission and Distribution Projects.
- Knowledge of substation design and engineering tools.
- Great communication skills, verbally and written in English.
- Work 4 days per week in Paris and 1 day from home.