Offshore Substation Topside Package Manager
Opportunity for an Offshore Substation Topside Package Manager working on a major offshore wind project in Edinburgh. This is a fixed-term position working directly for the asset owner, an international renewable energy developer with a growing global portfolio.
- Responsible for leading the Offshore Substation Topsides Package.
- Accountability for delivery of the Offshore Substation Topsides Package for the project, including all technical aspects through development, contracting and execution.
- Ensuring that justifications for the design and delivery of the transmission assets in terms of efficiency and cost effectiveness has been documented within an appropriately configured document management structure to support the sale of the assets to an OFTO under the UK's Generator Build model.
- Ensuring that project is appropriately engaged with key external stakeholders such as the supply chain and regulatory bodies associated with the areas of responsibility.
- Package Management:
- Overall accountability for the delivery of the packages associated with the project, being responsible for the optimal design and construction to ensure that the offshore substation topsides for the wind farm have the maximum reliability, quality and safety.
- Lead the package team, ensuring sufficient project team resource is applied to deliver the work packages and that package team staff are provided with direction and support.
- Coordinate related external resources, including consultants, suppliers, manufacturers.
- Negotiation of package related contracts with suppliers in compliance with internal rules and QHSE standards, applicable technical standards and regulation.
- Development and management of risk management plans of the related packages as part of an overall project risk management strategy.
- Technical Specifications:
- Responsible for preparing, elaborating and providing all the specifications and technical documentation to allow Project's engagement with the contractors and to evaluate the suppliers, with the intention of guaranteeing the correct application, bidding, construction and operation, ensuring that the determining factors established by the permitting department, environmental and other departments are met.
- Technical Support:
- Provides technical support to other areas of the technical department and other departments as necessary across the project lifecycle to ensure the successful completion of the Project.
- Ensure the correct coordination of interfaces with other Project working packages, guaranteeing the quality of the input/output on time, ensuring the correct management of package and project documentation is performed.
- Project Control and Reporting:
- Maintain an effective and systematic planning and control of Project works (in what concerns cost, deadline, quality and safety). Ensuring control of the budget, deadlines and quality aspect, as well as assessment of contractors/subcontractors involved in the Project.
- Produce monthly project reports outlining progress, budget and safety statistics.
- Produce other reports as necessary during the course of the project.
- Degree in Engineering.
- Significant experience in the design, fabrication, installation and commissioning of offshore substation topsides.
- Experience in a project delivery role in the offshore wind sector is essential.
- Contractual negotiation experience is required.
- Experience across all project phases including design, manufacturing, construction, commissioning and handover is required.
- Experience of managing a multi-disciplinary engineering/project management team is required. A recognised project management qualification/accreditation is desirable.
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status is desirable.
- A recognised qualification in health and safety would be advantageous, e.g. either IOSH or NEBOSH.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation (including the CDM regulations) and best practice is essential.
- Knowledge of technical standards and industry practice across the different disciplines associated with the packages.
- Knowledge of project management processes and systems associated with the delivery of complex, multi-package construction projects is desirable.
- A strong understanding of the interfaces and interdependencies between the Project's work packages is required.
- Capability to provide strong leadership to a team of project staff and to lead relationships with suppliers of the relevant package.
- Pro-active approach to optimisations and improvements.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the project team and to support (and manage where required) the relationship with external stakeholders.
- A pro-active approach to project and contract management in order to identify risks and opportunities early and initiate appropriate actions.
- Ability to work within approved budgets and under deadline pressure.
- Languages: The project has an international team of employees and the working language is English. Candidates need to be fluent in English both spoken and written. Other languages will be highly valued.
- Location in Edinburgh but travelling to supplier's facilities and offices and constructions sites may be required.