Offshore Wind Business Development Manager
We are recruiting the Manager of Offshore Wind Business Development Japan for a global developer. This person will be responsible for successfully negotiating and concluding partnerships with plans to participate in the Round 2 and/or Round 3 offshore wind tenders.
The person in the position will be responsible for achieving the business development targets in Japan under the functional supervision of the Head of Asia. More precisely he/she will:
- Ensure market and regulatory watch.
- Contribute to the development strategy.
- Identify opportunities and establish potential partnerships in development and co-investment, in line with the approved strategy.
- Contribute to ensuring good relations with public & private and national & local stakeholders, and participate to relevant meeting, sometimes as single representative.
- Pilot or supervise specific tenders or acquisition processes, in coordination with partners and local entities of the Group and acting as the main point of contact with the partners, being therefore entitled with relevant power of attorney.
- Prepare internal committees' relevant documentation, in coordination with Operations, HSE, Compliance, Structured finance/ and Legal teams
- Lead coordinator of project teams
- Minimum bachelor degree (preferably engineering)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously / to withstand long development cycles
- Flexible mindset
- Open to very frequent travel
- Offshore wind experience, if possible, in Japan
- M&A and/or partnership experience
- Japanese as a mother tongue / fluent English communication skills