Offshore Wind Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager for Offshore Wind working with a leading international engineering consultancy. This is a full-time staff position ideally based in Glasgow or Edinburgh.
Business Development Manager to lead the offshore wind business development activities in the renewables team. The senior level role will be responsible to win consultancy and design services to grow the offshore wind sector business in Europe, Africa and Latin America in combination with collaboration with the company's offshore leaders in North America and Asia. You will report to the Renewables Account Leader and will be the lead for offshore wind BD. The role will be based in Europe, with preference for Glasgow/Edinburgh.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Engineering degree or similar technical qualification
- Significant renewable energy experience with a demonstrable history working in offshore wind.
- Good understanding of the European and Global offshore wind industry
- Demonstrable ability to win work in the offshore wind industry
- Excellent client facing skills with a strong customer focused approach
- Ability to communicate clearly & concisely in English, both verbally & written and ability to explain technical issues to non-engineers, including Clients.
- Experience of working at a senior level in an energy consultancy or in a relevant industry
- Track record of winning and delivering large offshore projects
- Proven experience winning detailed design offshore projects
- Willingness to travel both locally and globally
- Formal training in communication and/or people management
- Recognised project management training
- Ability to work in a second language capabilities