Offshore Wind Construction Lead
The Offshore Wind Construction Lead will be part of a new global offshore wind projects execution team with a major international energy developer.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in London.
Lead a construction management team to plan and deliver the construction elements of large offshore wind projects (or programme of projects) through to mechanical completion, ensuring that the facilities are constructed and handed over in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner, integrating all inputs and meeting the engineering and quality intent.
- Managing all aspects of Construction (fabrication) activities (Contract Administration, Scheduling, Cost, Quality Assurance, Labour, Forecasting) during the Select, Define, Execute and Operate stages of a project. Also, setting performance targets and performance managing against these targets.
- Leading the development of the construction execution plan, with detailed schedule, resource plan and budget in line with the overall project execution plan.
- Identifying and selecting appropriate resources to create an integrated construction management team and coordinates the work of the team. Also, supporting the development of the construction management professionals.
- Managing key contractor and site interfaces to ensure smooth project execution
- Ensuring conformance to company requirements and drives compliance with all technical integrity, quality and HSSE expectations, generally acting as site safety leader.
- Identifying construction execution risks at appropriate project stages and ensures that risks are managed throughout the project life cycle.
- Developing, maintaining and building relationships with all applicable stakeholders, and fostering and maintaining stakeholder ownership and alignment
- Leading construction reviews (and contributes to other functional reviews, peer assists and assurance processes) as required by company's project common process and implements the construction self-verification programme.
- Embedding and sharing of construction learnings, networking with the community of practice and engaging with specialists when required.
- Offshore wind experience essential.
- Experience with large infrastructure projects.
- Track record of safe and successful delivery of construction projects.
- Site safety leadership experience.
- Degree educated in Engineering.