Offshore Wind Design Lead
A Leading development consultancy looking for an Offshore Wind Design Lead.
This is a full-time, staff position which can be based in Glasgow or other European locations.
This person will be an experienced structural design engineer that will create, develop and lead a new design team for offshore wind.
- Involved in strategic acquisitions.
- You will be expected to put together the business plan, development strategy and team from scratch.
- Create the relevant procedures, oversight process, tools, and team capability/competence.
- Access to existing systems and protocols from elsewhere, including the Nuclear and Thermal detailed design teams.
- Work closely with existing stakeholders to win design services for offshore wind projects globally.
- Line manage the team and hold ultimate sign-off responsibility for the correct delivery of detailed design to clients.
- Significant previous experience of designing offshore structures.
- Experience of developing and leading design methodologies.
- Demonstrable significant experience of holding design sign-sign off responsibility.
- Chartered Structural engineer (or similar).
- Demonstrable experience of the people management of technical teams.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary engineering environment.
- Capability to communicate clearly & concisely in English, both verbally & written.
- Ability to influence and motivate stakeholders within a complex environment.
- Knowledge of working in a consultancy environment.
- Experience of designing offshore wind structures.
- Demonstrable experience of design of floating structures.
- Ability to explain technical issues to non-engineers, including Clients.