Offshore Wind Development Project Engineer
Republic of Ireland
We are currently recruiting an Offshore Wind Development Project Engineer to work with the offshore team to secure and develop significant projects in Irish waters. The successful candidate will support the Senior Development Manager in areas such as project management, feasibility /concept studies, community engagement and environmental impact assessment efforts during the bid preparation phase and, upon award of a project, will take on a project managing role specifically in relation to the onshore components of the offshore wind project.
- Support the Senior Development Manager on project development activities in Ireland
- Keep up to date and inform the team about industry and market news, relevant legislation, guidance, and associated implications in relation to issues affecting Irish offshore development.
- Assist with market review, technologies research, and Irish offshore analysis topics.
- Work with the offshore team to feed into upcoming offshore auction preparation and strategy.
- Management of onshore and offshore specialist consultants and advisors including determination of scopes of work, contractor appointment and interpretation of advice received.
- Keep all project information and tasks up to date in company reporting.
- Liaison, collaboration, and provision of technical and strategic advice to the various multi-disciplinary teams working on company projects.
- Ensure effective communication between partners and other colleagues (e.g. in finance, engineering, H&S) to support the objective the projects are designed and developed to be practical, efficient and safe.
- Assist in the preparation and management of the project schedules and budgets.
- Ensure all consultants adhere to H&S standards and Code of Conduct as well as understand, promote and adhere to all relevant health and safety regulations and policies in undertaking all activities.
- Managing engineering support to current sites and future offshore wind site selection and participation in technical meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of tender documentation, for front-end civil engineering (e.g. geotechnical investigations, metocean studies, foundation designs, cable routing) and ensure that they are prepared on time and are of the highest possible standard.
- Translating engineering issues in CAPEX and OPEX assumptions.
- Technical engagement with external consultants, contractors, independent engineers, lenders engineers, Government agencies, utility and grid companies as required.
- Input into technical elements of Employer's Requirements for EPC and Consultant contracts.
- Producing technical reports for senior management.
- Supporting in detailed due diligence review of projects in accordance with the company's global development standards.
- Inspect new project sites and to attend seminars and meetings as required.
- Supporting evaluation of new products, concepts, and technologies from vendors.
- A qualification in electrical, mechanical, or civil engineering
- Minimum 3 years' work experience on large infrastructure projects or Renewables /Power Generation Industry.
- Experience in the preparation of technical specifications and other technical documents.
- Experience in tender/bid evaluation, managing consultants and associated deliverables.
- Ability to translate engineering issues into CAPEX and OPEX assumptions.
- Highly analytical with attention to detail and ability to exercise judgement to solve problems in a fast-paced emerging market.
- Be a genuine team player, with a positive outlook, be determined and flexible with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Be flexible in terms of working arrangements, international travel may be required as part of the job.
- An organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management.
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills and strong report writing skills.
- Excellent computer literacy skills.
- Drivers licence essential.
- Knowledge of Irish Energy Sector and Irish Offshore industry.
- Knowledge of offshore windfarm development and construction
- Knowledge and understanding of wind turbine technology, grid connections, site selection, offshore wind foundation types, ground conditions interpretation and foundation, array cable and turbine installation procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of grid connection solutions for offshore wind farms
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and in particular, Health and Safety issues offshore.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & report writing
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines