Offshore Wind O&M HSE Manager
O&M HSE Manager working for the owner/operator of a major UK offshore wind farm.
This is a full-time, staff position based in Fraserburgh.
The O&M HSE manager will report to the Head of HSE, and day to day to the O&M Manager. They will be responsible for Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and improvement of the O&M HSE activities on a day-to-day basis for sites.
Main responsibilities include:
- Assurance that corporate and site requirements are fulfilled
- RAMS development, review and assurance.
- Participation in safety audit where required.
- Knowledge and promotion of HSE Policies and Procedures.
- Carrying out HSE Awareness site induction for all offshore site personnel
- Giving advice and assistance to the O&M team on all matters relating to HSE.
- Development and review of local procedures and risk assessments
- Carrying out incident investigations and completing reports on same
- Custodian of and monitoring the permit to work system
- Carrying out regular workplace inspections on and offshore in accordance with the HSE Monitoring Procedure
- Carrying out scheduled inspections of all emergency and life-saving appliances
- Planning, running and recording feedback on emergency response drills in accordance with the ERP requirements.
- Knowledge of the emergency response plan and emergency procedures
- Intervening and completing safety observations using the designated system, reporting on trends
- Complete HSE reporting where required.
- Participate and where required chair safety meetings, record and distribute minutes of same
- Participation in company scheduled training and safety activities
- Running company HSE training for fellow workers
- Promotion of safe working practices
- Attending in person or via Microsoft Teams, HSE Team meetings as required
- Communicate to all site personnel all safety pertinent information not limited to Notices, Alerts, Lessons learned, adverse safety trends etc.
- Contribute to the review and improvement of the safety management system
- Knowledge of HSSE Management, permit to work systems, marine practices, environmental management.
- Experience of being HSE focal point
- Experience managing permit to work systems
- Experience with marine operations and personnel transfer
- Experience of emergency response drills, organizing, recording and following up on actions.
- Good understanding of leading health and safety management and driving continuous improvement.
- NEBOSH General certificate, equivalent or higher (desired)
- GWO Training for Offshore Windfarms (desired)
- Possesses effective organisation skills and accuracy/attention to detail.
- Active listener
- Strength of character to intervene and stop work where there are any doubts about HSE compliance.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels through verbal and written communication.
- Ability to act with sensitivity and discretion, respecting confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to work within deadlines, balancing a busy and diverse workload with competing priorities
- Comes with solutions not problems.
- Willingness to learn, challenge and propose new ideas and ways of working.
- Friendly, approachable character
- Ability to travel for long periods and at short notice.
- Ability to manage a varied workload with competing priorities and strict deadlines.