Offshore Wind O&M Readiness Engineer
The Offshore Wind O&M Readiness Engineer/Wind Operations Engineer will be part of a new global offshore wind projects team with a major international energy developer.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in London.
To provide operations & maintenance support to a portfolio of wind projects and to develop company framework for operations readiness and operations & maintenance of offshore wind assets. Some of these roles will provide support to an offshore wind JV as a secondee.
This role will support the company's first move into offshore wind developments so the successful candidate will have to integrate corporate knowledge from onshore wind operations, offshore asset operation and project operations, as well as looking externally at industry best practices.
Some of these roles are as secondees and the successful applicant will need to work both effectively with JV (company position where required) and in accessing information and sharing learning across the business.
- Support to screening a portfolio of wind opportunities to support licensing and bids.
- Providing O&m portfolio of front-end projects developing the operating model and high-level O&M philosophy.
- Ensuring that operations requirements are defined and built into the project statement of requirements and execution plans contributing to engineering efficency, reliability, maximising life cycle value and safety in design.
- Providing operations reviews of project technical documentation.
- Particiating in technology assessments and readiness reviews for wind turbine technology.
- Developing into operations and maintenance philosophy for projects including contracting strategy, logistics, condition-based maintenance strategy, maintenance management, spare parts, staffing, etc.
- Developing the operations readiness plan for projects detailing pre-operations activities for each stage linked ot project milestones.
- Delivering the operations and maintenance documents for the project, authoring where required.
- Developing OPEX and availability estimates.
- Facilitate development of project operational processes and procedures ensuring compliance with local regulations and legislation.
- Adapting company project operations processes and guidelines to support offshore wind projects.
- Significant industry experience in offshore wind operations and maintenance.
- Ability to network effectively across the organisation to access relevant data and knowledge
- Experience in working in a projects or project operations role.
- Experience in building strong working relations with partner companies or as part of a JV.
- Experience in working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Relevant Engineering degree preferred.