Offshore Wind Substation O&M Manager – APAC
Taylor Hopkinson is the global leading recruitment partner, industry expert, and human resource solutions provider for the Renewable Energy Industry. We help connect renewables specialists to pioneering projects.
We're currently recruiting for our client, the Taiwan-based renewable energy developer for the offshore wind energy industry in APAC. With extensive experience in the development, construction, operation, and maintenance, they have established themselves as one of the few offshore wind companies in Asia that have a proven track record across the life cycle of offshore wind farms.
We are seeking a highly experienced and knowledgeable Offshore Wind O&M Manager with a strong background in offshore substation operations and maintenance. This is a senior position that requires at least 8 years of relevant experience in the renewable energy industry, specifically in the offshore wind sector. This role will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and maintenance activities of offshore wind projects, with a particular focus on the substation infrastructure.
*This is a full-time permanent contract senior management role that requires offshore substation O&M experience, and relocation to Taiwan.*
- Offshore Wind O&M Strategy: Develop and implement comprehensive strategies for the efficient and effective operations and maintenance of offshore wind farms, specifically focusing on the substation infrastructure.
- Substation Operations: Oversee the safe and efficient operation of offshore substations, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Maintenance Planning: Develop and manage maintenance plans for offshore substations, including preventive and corrective maintenance activities, to optimize equipment reliability and availability.
- Team Management: Lead and manage a team of O&M personnel, including technicians and engineers, ensuring proper resource allocation, training, and performance management.
- Contractor Management: Coordinate and oversee the activities of external contractors and service providers involved in the O&M of offshore wind substations, ensuring adherence to quality, safety, and environmental standards.
- Performance Monitoring: Implement and utilize monitoring systems to track the performance of offshore substation assets, identify potential issues, and recommend appropriate actions for optimization.
- Budget and Cost Control: Develop and manage the O&M budget for offshore substations, monitor expenses, and identify opportunities for cost optimization without compromising safety or performance.
- Reporting and Documentation: Prepare regular reports on the O&M activities of offshore wind substations, including equipment performance, maintenance activities, and incident management. Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation.
- Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE): Ensure compliance with HSE policies and procedures, promote a strong safety culture, and implement initiatives to minimize risks to personnel and the environment.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including project developers, contractors, regulatory bodies, and suppliers, to ensure effective communication and alignment of objectives.
- Take ownership of specific O&M contracts market review, tendering, and setup. Address O&M requirements covered in the major equipment supply agreements.
- Support the implementation of the operational period strategy and facilitate the handover from the construction team to operations, including review and acceptance of project technical documentation.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the renewable energy industry, with a focus on offshore wind operations and maintenance, and recent focus on offshore substations.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of offshore wind substation systems, including electrical equipment, transformers, switchgear, and SCADA systems.
- Proven experience in managing and leading O&M teams, including technicians and engineers, in the offshore wind sector.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant industry standards, regulations, and best practices related to offshore wind operations, maintenance, and substation management.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work effectively to meet deadlines and deliver results.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve technical and operational issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate and build relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with a demonstrated ability to work independently and make sound decisions.
- Demonstrated commitment to health, safety, and environmental best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as electrical engineering or renewable energy is preferred, but equivalent experience will also be considered.
This job description serves as a general outline of responsibilities and qualifications and may be subject to modifications or additional requirements based on specific project needs and organizational goals.