OFTO General Manager
Offshore Wind,Transmission & Distribution
Opportunity to join a renowned Transmission Organisiation as General Manager to primarily manage a group of OFTOs and support the Technical Director, providing technical and commercial advice and providing relevant business reporting to the board of directors.
The role will include assisting in the development of tenders and due-diligence for new investment opportunities. Following any successful tender, as General Manager you will assist in the development of the Special Purpose
Vehicle ("SPV") management and outsourced O&M contracts during the start-up and takeover phase of each transmission system and the development of asset management systems for the new businesses.
This is a full time, staff role based in London (hybrid working).
- Management of the governance arrangements including OFTO board and associated committees, audits, risk management, quality management, asset management, health and safety and ESG reporting.
- Regulatory management including the compliance and reporting requirements of the OFTO Licence, industry codes and committees.
- Management of the OFTOs main and other O&M service providers.
- Management of operational and financial performance of the OFTO in line with targets set by the OFTO Board.
- Manage contractual interfaces with the relevant offshore wind farm owner and Distribution Network Operator/Transmission Operator.
- Evaluation of technical reports from O&M providers, original equipment manufacturers, consultants and industry bodies which are relevant to the OFTO assets to ensure asset integrity and reliability.
- Review of current, and future life cycle work management plans for all inspections, surveys and maintenance work to be undertaken by the O&M supplier in line with the asset strategy.
- Develop and maintain a good working knowledge of the project documents, use this knowledge to enforce the OFTO's rights under the project documents and provide general and specific advice to the OFTO Board, where this extends beyond 'good working knowledge' seek legal and/or other professional support, subject to prior approval by the OFTO.
- Develop and maintain a detailed register of obligations required under the project documents, managing all deliverables against this register.
- Ensure policies, procedures and documentation are maintained and cover all key areas of the Project, maintaining a register of all OFTO policies and procedures reviewed periodically, making recommendation to the OFTO for any updates that may be necessary.
- Assist the OFTO in warranty claims under the project sale and purchase agreement and manage the making of any claims under any construction contracts relating to the project.
- Ensure that the confidential information of the OFTO remains confidential.
- Procurement and commercial management.
- Manage media relationships.
- Manage any request by a party to perform works in the proximity of the project assets.
- Master engineering degree in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Membership of relevant professional body i(such as IET) and / or Chartered Engineer status is preferable.
- Demonstrable experience of electricity transmission technology and a proven knowledge and understanding of all related technologies.
- Proven in-depth knowledge of electricity regulation and knowledge of National Electricity Transmission System Operator ("NETSO").
- Experience of managing outsourced contractors, developing and negotiated outsourced contracts from technical and commercial aspects.
- Proven asset management ability to develop asset management strategies using condition monitoring and outlawing asset databases and reporting tools.
- Experience of new business development (new investments) and tendering.
- Knowledge and understanding of all key business issues that impact electricity transmission assets.
- Experience of offshore transmission, subsea cables especially condition monitoring failure mechanisms and repair techniques.
- Experience of project financed companies and working with lenders and their advisors.
- Experience of major construction contracts and the management thereof.
- Proven ability to develop working relationships quickly and effectively within a small team and externally with outsourced service providers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and able to "get the job done".
- A strong work ethic with the ability to work 'hands on' to tight deadlines and be able to deal with competing priorities.