OFTO Transactions Cost Manager
OFTO Transactions Cost Manager
Job ID 7720
Transactions Cost Manager required for an offshore wind farm developer managing all financial aspects of the global offshore wind business OFTO divestment process with the option to be based in Glasgow or London.
- Communicate with geographically diverse multi-functional teams of external consultants and internal experts from across the Global Offshore Wind business.
- Develop relationships with the project teams, Joint Venture partners and the Regulator to ensure that the OFTO Cost Assessment Process is fully understood and implemented.
- Perform reconciliations with input from the OFTO project team taking Ofgem’s requirements into consideration.
- Contribute to lessons learned process to ensure that projects benefit from experiences gained in previous transactions.
- Provide robust and supportable valuation assumptions to the Investment Office and work with them to develop valuation models supporting Business cases.
- Complete Ofgem’s Cost Assessment process (Initial Transfer Value (ITV) and Final Transfer Value (FTV)) process, ensuring that the data room provides full analysis of the project and justification for costs incurred.
- Manage the forensic audit as part of Ofgem’s Cost Assessment process.
- Managing the relationship with the regulator during OFTO transactions. This will include managing information requests by the regulator during the process and providing justification for the costs incurred to ensure maximum cost recovery.
- Provide updates and gain approval on the divestment process from senior management in Offshore Management team.
- Maintain transaction model ensuring that it adheres to wider business requirements (Control, Databank)
- Liaise with Corporate Departments to ensure that transactions and tax structures meet the needs of the stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a network of key contacts within the Corporate Departments, including Development, Tax, Control, Legal & Procurement to increase the profile of the offshore division.
- Organises activities of matrix team to ensure delivery of objectives over a 3-5 year time frame.
- Develop innovative and creative solutions to resolve conflicts internally and with counter-parties.
- At short notice, be able to assess and deliver results on the cost impact of any commercial decision/issue.
- Problem solve across issues and subject matter.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise key tasks, while building and managing relationships across a range of external organisations and individuals each with potentially differing views, aims and objectives.
- Interpretation and challenge of financial, technical, legal & commercial analysis.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably with Masters or professional qualification (e.g. MBA, CA, ACCA, CIMA).
- The post holder will require a wide range of knowledge relating to the renewable energy industry, Government energy policy, International Accounting Standards and Capital Markets.
- A deep understanding of the energy markets, the key players within these and how they may relate to group activities is required to ensure that strategy remains optimal.
- Highly driven, decisive and focused with strong commercial, financial and due diligence skills.
- Demonstrable advanced Microsoft Excel skills including its use for management of capital projects.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and within a highly pressurised environment.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to lead and challenge transaction strategies.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience of managing geographically diverse, multi-disciplinary teams of experienced professionals.
- Ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally.
- Experience of managing JV relationships and delivering partners’ expectations .
- Ability to challenge senior management on key issues.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to form effective working relationships.
- Ability to prioritise multiple deliverables with similar/same deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to manage time effectively.
- Good practical knowledge of IT applications / systems.
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160