O&M Base Construction Site Manager
Job ID 19864
O&M Base Construction Site Manager required for a major Offshore Wind Farm Developer based in Scotland.
- O&M building contractor.
- Quayside civils contractor.
- Pontoon contractor.
- Crane contractor.
- Deliver the work safely, without environmental incidents and to the specified quality without defects.
- Ensure delivery of Principal Contractors duties where required.
- Manage contractors to deliver project requirements in line with the agreed scope of their supply.
- Understand how the cost forecast is broken down for their element of works.
- Work closely with the Contractor's site managers to identify opportunities to reduce cost and highlight any areas of risk.
- Live Hire to be reviewed every week, and any updates and issues identified to be raised through the Contractor's site managers.
- Work with the construction managers to support in the production of the project programme, site-specific project plans, risk assessments, method statements, site waste management plans are in line with procedures.
- Work closely with the Contractors to support the preparation of the four-week lookahead programme.
- Produce a two-week lookahead programme every week for their areas of works, aligned with the four-week look ahead.
- Manage delivery to achieve or better the two weeks look ahead Programme and mitigate and manage any delays.
- Ensure the Inspection & Test Plan and Work Inspection documentation requirements are understood, and appropriate measures and controls are in place before undertaking any activity.
- Ensure all required quality documents associated with the works are completed and submitted inline with the project programme.
- Ensure all notifications for hold/ witness points are submitted in line with the requirements.
- Ensure detailed site diaries/records are completed daily and submitted to the Construction Manager daily for approval.
- Ensure weekly inspections are carried out on LOLER and PUWER.
- Site Inspections.
- Security of plant and equipment and working areas to be maintained at all times.
- Photos and video reports on a weekly basis.
- Construction Site Management skills/qualifications are desirable.
- SMSTS qualification is required.
- CSCS Card is required.
- 5 years experience in construction site management.
- Experience in steel framed buildings and marine/port environment would be beneficial.
- Knowledge on structural design processes and in offshore installation is required.
- Knowledge of CDM regulations.
- A strong understanding of HV systems, LV systems, marine engineering.
- A strong understanding of the interfaces and interdependencies between the project's work packages is required.
- Knowledge and user experience in P6 or other planning software.
- An understanding of the different stakeholders involved in the development and construction of an offshore wind farm is required.
- Proficiency level in Excel.