O&M Package Manager
As O&M Package Manager you will work with partners and advisors to manage diverse operations and maintenance (O&M) related elements of the projects that may include:
- Overall project management during the planning, development and construction phase in lead up to operations and maintenance.
- Identification and recommendation on establishment of owner's team and disciplines required. Developing a suitable resource plan to fit with overall long term objectives. This may include scoping and selection of project advisers and consultants including owners engineer and other market, technical or environmental consultants;
- Providing technical input and recommendations on procurement strategy to identify, tender and select equipment suppliers, O&M contractors and suitable vessels and logistics providers for our projects;
- Identification of suitable staging and laydown areas, port facilities, logistics hubs, etc.
- Identification and establishment of efficient and effective supply chains.
- Identify and manage permitting and approval requirements for operations and maintenance.
- Technical / commercial review and negotiation of term sheets and contracts covering O&M requirements and their interconnectivity with EPC / Supply agreements.
- Identify and develop a suitable O&M strategy that fits with and compliments the EPC procurement strategy
- Establish and run a competitive tender process based on the agreed O&M strategy, and review and analyse proposals received to identify and recommend the best available offers in the market on both an individual and collective strategic basis to deliver the optimum comprehensive O&M works.
- Establishment and management of Health and Safety standards to offshore wind industry best practice, and oversee the effective implementation of health & safety plans;
- Establishment and management of Environmental standards to meet the environmental impact assessment and permitting requirements and achieve offshore wind industry best practice;
- Identification, development and management of support services that may be required as part of the O&M strategy
- Establish suitable and effective internal weekly and monthly reporting during this phase
- Develop meeting schedules and identify participants required on a look forward basis to ensure timely decision making and problem solving.
- Assist with input in the financial modelling of the offshore wind projects where required
- Prepare materials and participate in internal reporting and approvals process
Operations & Maintenance Phase
- Overall project management during the O&M phase and forward planning of O&M Contractor and supplier activities.
- Programme management of the relevant O&M Contractors to identify and manage timing and interface issues.
- Manage Owner's technical team during operations and maintenance to ensure relevant quality plan procedures are being implemented and reported on accurately.
- Provide oversight and recommendations on contract administration matters.
- Manage time effectively between Office and Site to ensure that operations and maintenance activities are being delivered in a timely manner and "on budget".
- Establish meeting schedules with relevant contractors, operators, service providers and internal teams to oversee and control overall O&M delivery on a look forward basis to ensure timely decision making and problem solving
- Establish suitable weekly and monthly reporting during this phase
- Oversee and manage work health and safety plan implementation to ensure standards are being met and accurately reported on
- Oversee and manage environmental plan implementation to ensure compliance with environmental impact assessment permits and requirements including meeting all reporting obligations
- Oversee and provide input to the complete commissioning process
- Oversee and manage relevant handover procedures from construction to operations ensuring seamless integration between stages and mitigating interface issues between contractors
- Trouble shooting and problem solving operations and maintenance related issues as they arise
Key skills and knowledge areas required:
- Based in Taipei, Taiwan.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical or civil engineering.
- A minimum of twenty (20) years' experience with an energy developer, utility or related field performing a Construction or Operations & Maintenance Manager role for offshore wind projects.
- Project management skills.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels.
- Enjoy and be effective at developing and nurturing client relationships at the appropriate level.
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Be ambitious, motivated and have the drive to succeed.
- Be a team player.
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Mandarin (desired but not essential - written and spoken)