Onshore Civil Engineer
Taylor Hopkinson is working with a major Offshore Wind Developer to appoint an experienced Civil Engineer. The role will manage the civil engineering aspects of onshore export cable routes and associated land substation for their UK based offshore wind projects.
This is a full time staff role based in London.
- Design and cost estimates for the civil engineering part of onshore export cable route(s) including land
- Fall, supporting onshore export cable package.
- Identification of suitable and cost-effective cable routes.
- Examination of technical feasibility for horizontal directional drilling, cable laying, earthworks and access roads.
- Design and cost estimates for civil engineering part of the land substation (LSS) supporting onshore substation package.
- Identification of suitable and sufficient areas in line with technical and licensing laws.
- Examination of technical feasibility for earthworks, substation foundations and heavy electrical equipment.
- General monitoring and management of construction schedule planning.
- Degree or relevant equivalent in civil engineering or comparable subject.
- Demonstrable experience in planning and construction of onshore export cable routes and onshore substations.
- Professional experience in the preparation of tender documents and tender negotiation (on the client or contractor side).
- In depth knowledge of local standards and requirements for corresponding civil engineering,
- Willingness to familiarise with new tasks at short notice.
- Ability to work in a team with good communication skills.