Onshore Substation Package Manager
Opportunity for an Onshore Substation Package Manager working directly for the project developer on a new European project.
Taylor Hopkinson are recruiting this position exclusively on a retained basis. The successful candidate can work flexibly for their preferred European location, on the condition that they can commit to a weekly travel arrangement to the project office.
This is a full-time, permanent staff position.
As Package Manager you will manage the Onshore Substation (ONS) package, with a focus on supporting the planning and consent of the project. You will also be responsible for coordinating the development of interfaces & deliverables with other packages as well as manage project specific design processes, execute strategies for development, lead ONS tender process, and ONS execution.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external policies incl. EU, CAD and local tendering rules, etc.
- Ensure compliance with Procurement Management Plan & Procurement Manual.
- Maintain and enhance HSE in planning of package scope.
- Liaise with Procurement team to support procurement and local content activities (as applicable).
- Ensure coordination with other Package Managers, Technical PM/EPCI director, Procurement team & Regulatory team.
- Lead the ONS tender process and ensure ONS interfaces & deliverables are developed.
- Support bid submissions & business case with ONS inputs to the Devex, Capex, and Opex.
- Develop the Employer's Requirements, specifications, design and technical documents for the ONS package, including both execution and operations needs.
- Ensure ONS package is progressing according to scope, budget and quality.
- Manage the commercial, design and technical requirements of the procurement and supply of the ONS agreement.
- Encourage and drive knowledge sharing with other asset projects.
- Ensure transparent decision making and adequate documentation.
- Drive risk management within the ONS package.
- Prepare quality plan & quality activity schedule with PMO and Quality Package.
- Overall accountable for the ONS deliverables.
- Strong onshore substation commercial experience.
- Comfortable flagging problems when they arise and asking for help when needed.
- Ability to be proactive while working remotely or independently.
- Team player and strong communicator with internal and external parties.