Onshore Substation Package Manager
Opportunity to join a leading offshore wind developer as Onshore Substation Package Manager. The role will lead the work package for owner's engineering in relation to the AC land substation for a UK offshore wind project with active involvement throughout all project phases from pre-FEED to commissioning.
This is a full-time staff role which can be based in London or Scotland.
- Provide guidance, manage, and motivate the work package team consisting of internal and external engineers.
- Ensure with the work package team that a time schedule, CAPEX, risk budget and FEED will be developed and optimised.
- Make sure that safety at work comes first and that all requirements for information security will be fulfilled.
- Report frequently to the OFTO coordinator and the overall engineering workstream lead.
- Ensure proactive and collaborative working between other related interfaces, work packages and workstreams (such as procurement, controlling, permitting, project controls).
- Contribute with the work package to an optimised CAPEX, time schedule, risk budget and design.
- Degree or relevant equivalent in electrical engineering or related subject.
- Substantial professional experience in the field of electrical systems and components and substation for power generation (or from other areas of energy infrastructure).
- A project management certification (e.g. IPMA or PMI) is desirable but not essential.
- Familiar with development of CAPEX and risk budgets, time schedules and technical documentation.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team with good communication skills.
- Willingness to travel occasionally when required.