Onshore Wind Developer
Onshore Wind Developer required to join a leading UK renewable energy developer and lead on the development of an onshore wind portfolio.
The Onshore Wind Developer will utilise their market expertise and contact network to originate opportunities and commence the development of a greenfield onshore wind pipeline across the UK. You will have the autonomy to drive the growth of an onshore portfolio with full backing from a progressive investment team and development/technical support from their established solar & storage development platform.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who likes autonomy to get on and do things in their own way with minimal supervision. You will have the opportunity to grow and manage a team of people on the back of your success at generating a pipeline of projects.
- Lead on the origination and development of onshore wind projects across the UK from site selection through to pre-construction
- Manage all development matters relating to the onshore wind projects throughout the development lifecycle
- Manage the land acquisition process and develop appropriate a planning-led strategy for each project
- Maximise commercial viability of each development site and work to demonstrate value optimisation and deliverability against identified project risks
- Manage and report on all project risks and DEVEX, ensuring investors are kept fully abreast of any significant developments
- Provide commercial input to consultancy contracts and landowner agreements, ensuring best value is achieved in all such negotiations
- Establish community engagement models at the earliest opportunity for each project proposition
- Manage the development of the team and recruit additional members as required
- Demonstrable experience originating and developing onshore wind projects in the UK or Ireland with a utility, developer or investment fund
- Self-driven and confident in abilities to utilise existing contact network and resources across the wider development team to originate projects and undertake onshore wind development
- Experience in managing onshore development projects and teams across all stages of the project lifecycle
- Strong commercial and business mindset with a sound understanding of economic drivers, risks and financing models relating to onshore wind projects
- Sound knowledge of planning, permitting and delivery of grid connections for onshore wind projects
- Excellent communications skills with ability to develop and maintain cooperative relationships with diverse stakeholders including planning authorities, communities and landowners