Operations Engineer- Balance of Plant & Logistics
Operations Engineer required on German offshore wind farm, working directly for an international renewable energy developer. The role is based in Hamburg with regular travel to site.
The Operations Engineer Balance of Plant & Logistics is responsible for the development and implementation of concepts for inspections, maintenance and repair works of the foundations and other steel structures ("Balance of Plant") of an offshore wind farm. Aim is ensuring the structural integrity for use of the foundation structures.
Additionally, the role is in charge of defining, procuring and managing all required means of transport (crew transfer vessels, jack up vessels, helicopter and other) as well as related infrastructure.
In close collaboration with the Plant Manager, the permanent optimisation of all processes as well as the maintenance strategy count additionally among the responsibilities of the Operations Engineer Balance of Plant & Logistics.
Inspection, maintenance and repair of the offshore foundations and its secondary structures:
- Developing and implementing a concept for assessing the stability of foundations as well as execution of periodical examination of the foundations and other steel structures
- Monitoring the impact of the environment on the foundation structures, with the help of Condition Monitoring Systems (CMS) as well as with the analysis of processed measurement data
- Administering and permanently updating the data basis for the geo-information system (GIS)
- Defining, planning and coordinating the execution of all inspection, maintenance and repair works on the foundations and other steel structures and its secondary systems (cranes, boat landings, ladders, etc.) as well as the subsea component.
- Negotiating and steering service contracts
- Attending and supervising related offshore missions
- Application of the computerized maintenance management systems SAP PM/MM in close cooperation with the production team
- Defining, procuring, monitoring and managing the whole service logistics for the wind farm, above all crew transfer vessels and helicopter
- Technical support during operation of jack-up vessels for the exchange of major components
Health & safety:
- Warranting compliance with health, safety and environment standards, ranging from staff and contractor qualification to mind-set to safety of the infrastructure and emergency response readiness
Budget, risk & reporting:
- Developing the BoP operations and logistics budget (~10 M€), whilst identifying opportunities for sustainable cost reductions.
- Reporting of HSE, operational, budget and risk facts and figures
Stakeholders & compliance:
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies as well as operating licences, consents and statutory requirements concerning the offshore structures and its secondary systems
- Coordinating and engaging surveyors and experts as well as contact persons for authorities
- Working effectively across boundaries within the wider organisation in order to optimise processes and maximise value across the value creation chain
- Permanently optimising all processes for maintenance and repair works as well as the maintenance strategy for the BOP
- Contribution to development of internal and external standards, amongst other by representing the business in industrywide expert forums
- Identifying, conceptualising and implementing synergies between existing offshore wind farms within the fleet
- Transfer of knowledge from and to other existing offshore wind farms within the fleet
- University degree (master) in a technical discipline, mechanical or civil engineering or several year of job experience as engineer in a similar role; technical apprenticeship advantageous
- Profound experience in the field of mechanical maintenance of technical equipment and machinery as well as knowledge of offshore foundations and steel structures
- Additionally, proven contract management and project management experience
- Excellent MS-Office skills and know-how of SAP PM/MM preferable
- Profound knowledge of the relevant norms and guidelines, e.g. DIN 18800, EC3, BSH standard
- Ability and fitness to work offshore as well as at height
- Fluent command of German and English