Operations Engineer- Electrical Systems
Opportunity with the electrical operations team of a leading offshore wind developer, working on two high profile projects in Germany. The team is responsible for securing the permanent operational availability of the electrical offshore substation including the medium- and high-voltage apparatus of two offshore wind farms.
The Operations Engineer also acts as Deputy Lead Authorised Person supporting the accountability for the electrical operational organisation of both wind farms, complying with regulatory and internal requirements.
Besides applying your technical expertise to create maintenance concepts and support troubleshooting, the Operations Engineer manages multiple service contracts ensuring best service strategies are implemented.
Amongst interacting with the operational teams on site it is required to build up working relationship with other internal and external stakeholders, above all the two Transmission System Operators with regular on-site presence.
Operation, maintenance and servicing of the electrical offshore substation, the 33kV inter-array cabling and electrical primary and secondary components of the Transition Pieces within the frame of the operational organisation of the wind park Amrumbank West and Arkona Becken Südost.
Ensuring conformity with health, safety and environmental (HSE) standards as well as further development and optimisation in this field
Responsible and acting as single point of contact for the permanent availability of the electrical assets of the electrical offshore substation including all 33kV/155kV/220kV components and protective systems
Planning, coordinating and supervising all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, servicing and repair works of the electro-technical and mechanical system components.
Application of the computerised maintenance management systems SAP PM/MM in close collaboration with the operational organisation on site.
Accountability as Deputy Lead Authorised Person in accordance with DIN VDE 1000-10
Responsible for switching actions in the high- and medium-voltage grid (up to 220kV) according to DIN VDE 0105-100 and internal procedures.
Conducting and supervising offshore servicing operations.
First person of contact for the distribution system operators in all matters.
Permanent optimisation of all processes as well as the maintenance strategy.
Contribution to development of internal standards.
- University degree in the field of electrical engineering or similar subject.
- Significant experience within the energy sector, ideally with a distribution system operator in a similar role.
- Profound operational experiences in the field of servicing and maintenance of substations as well as the competence of being an electrically qualified person and responsible for plant are essential.
- Offshore knowledge is beneficial.
- Profound know-how of the relevant norms and guidelines, such as DIN VDE 0105-100, DIN VDE 1000-10, DGUV
- Switch authorisation in accordance with DIN VDE 0105-100
- Knowledge of operations management systems
- Fluent German and English language skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Good technical know-how and commercial understanding
- Proactive and structured way of working
- Strong awareness for occupational safety
- Excellent MS-Office skills and know-how of SAP PM/MM
- Ability and fitness to work offshore as well as at height
- Willingness to travel and spend time on site.