Operations & Maintenance Manager (OFTO & BoP Electrical)
Taylor Hopkinson has an exciting opportunity for an Operations & Maintenance Manager (OFTO & BoP Electrical) required for a Scottish offshore wind farm. This is a permanent role based in Fraserburgh.
Reporting to the Head of Operations and Maintenance the Operations & Maintenance Manager (OFTO & Balance of Plant HV/LV Electrical) is responsible for defining and implementing the operations and maintenance strategy for OFTO related assets and all Balance of Plant HV/LV Electrical Equipment.
- Plan and manage the execution of all O&M activity relating to OFTO assets and Balance of Plant Electrical equipment
- Responsible for the safe and efficient handover of assets from construction and commissioning teams
- Manage OFTO and Transmission Network Operator relationships
- Supervise the activities of all subcontractors executing scopes of inspection and maintenance activity on OFTO and Balance of Plant Electrical equipment
- Responsible for the coordination and management of onshore/offshore cable repair activities in the event of defects, damage or faults
- Manage access arrangements with the OFTO party in relation to ongoing operation and maintenance of retained equipment with the OSP's (66kV switchgear and inter array cabling)
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Extensive experience in an O&M environment within the offshore wind, Oil and Gas or Electrical Transmission industry
- Broad experience of the management of electro mechanical safety rules systems (preferably with experience as an authorized person or senior authorized person)
- Experience of installation and/or commissioning of electrical transmission assets
- Significant experience as operations manager, supervisor, shift manager with demonstrable responsibility for documentation packages as authorizing engineer or similar
- Team player, capable of working independently and as part of a cross departmental/international team
- Proactive, able to build a rapport quickly and be a self-starter from day one